SouthTennBlog: Regarding South Dakota
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Married to the lovely and gracious Tanya. Two Sons: Levi and Aaron. One Basset Hound: Holly.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Regarding South Dakota

Jonathan Last at the Weekly Standard has an interesting take on the recently-passed-and-signed abortion law in South Dakota. You can find it here.

Last's take on this is similar to mine. I recently told a friend that, if I was a member of the South Dakota legislature, I would have voted for this law once it was introduced, because it would be the right vote to cast. If I was the governor of South Dakota, I would have signed the law once it was passed, because it would be the right thing to do.

But I legitimately fear that the timing of all this is not the best, and the results of the court challenge could actually result in a setback for the Pro-Life movement as the possibility of another damaging precedent does exist. Remember, even with the recent additions to the court, there are only four reliable conservative votes out of nine.

But like all of my fellow-conservatives, I will hope for the best and continue to engage our opponents in the arena of ideas while we anticipate the inevitable public downfall of the Pro-Abortion movement's "logic."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home