SouthTennBlog: The Falling Man
My Photo
Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Married to the lovely and gracious Tanya. Two Sons: Levi and Aaron. One Basset Hound: Holly.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Falling Man

I am convinced that one of the reasons that support for the war has dropped off in recent weeks and months is that the American people no longer see the threat to their lives and way of life like they did on that dark day in September of 2001. The memory of that terrible day, and who caused it to happen, has faded for many, due in no small part to the fact that major news outlets have refused to show the horrific scenes we all saw in New York.

(Personally, when I got to my house that day, I immediately started recording what was coming out of my television. I haven't watched it much since then, as I have remained keenly aware that the danger hasn't lessened. But I like having it handy in case I ever start to feel "wobbly.")

With all this in mind, I want to offer my kudos to London's Mirror for giving readers the opportunity to be reminded of the horrible end met by one of the victims of that barbaric attack. Read the story here, and remember that those who killed him also want to kill me and you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home